PWC Bridges Removed

Hot_Fuzz1

Sad the boards were removed, it just pi..ed me off really, the way it was done, a few twats spoiling it for the rest. However, I did have several occasions of belting along up the bridges to be confronted by little kids walking down the opposite side! Heart in the mouth stuff trying to uncleat and and not flatten the little feckers! In defence of the staff, they did struggle to control the youngsters and it seems some parents think it is the right of the sprogs to go anywhere, despite their lack of ability, just because mummy or daddy has paid the ticket.

I was very dissappointed but it was becoming a little dangerous with regard to the above.

Anyways, not ridden there since.

Good Morning all!! Hope you all voted EFF yesterday, ca only see good things coming from them....HAHAHAHAHA

SO SO glad to see this post as my first has brought up so many different views. And I am glad it’s all constructive!

Thanks everyone and I hope we can keep it up a little longer.

So, as said I gave class at the park yesterday day morning. And I was very happy to see the the Green and Blue and some of the Black trails were all getting some TLC!

And the bridge going to the other side of the park (under the high way) is also getting a face lift.

Which I feel is progress in the right way.

I agree with everyone that the indemnity forms at the park (which you still fill out) are not 100% safe for the park. What we need to remember is that it is up to riders and responsible parents to keep an eye on their youngsters. As for people riding in slops and without helmets. I have no issue seeing them fall their faces off... I mean really.

The park has designated kiddie’s areas and I feel that those areas are perfect. I even use them for my real beginner clients.

The boards above entrances state difficulty levels to riders. These riders who are looking to improve their skills should be there, BUT. They should know there are capable riders on those tracks and should expect confrontation if the riders are put into a dangerous situation. (If i was riding a bridge and had a small unattended child infromt of me, I’ll try my best not to mow them down, but I did buy a 29er for a reason ;)) KIDDING!

I feel the KZN, WC has the best riding due to all the mountains and yes I would rather ride there. But i live in GP and feel that the parks should try and accommodate to riders who enjoy the technical stuff.

Fountains (My home playground) is an amazing place. It has it all except the high bridges. But they have bridges.

**Would riders feel safer if bridges had side rails protecting you from falling off the edges?**