Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 29 er feedback

Schoemie

Feedback from owners as to satisfaction and maintenance of the lefty appreciated.

General ride quality/versatility of the carbon scalpel models in 29 er

Scalpel vs Epic?

NOTHING touches the Lefty!!!! :drool:

That said.......Scalpel loved tossing me over the bars on numerous occasions. :cursing:

The Epic beats the Scalpel everytime! Just a better all round package. :whistling:

NOW...lets throw in a Flash..........different level altogether :clap: !

Me thinks I've woken the dragons here! :eek:

Popcorn please. :oops:

Schoemie I don't own neither but all I can say is you have started a big dick swinging thread right here

Sorry

Sorry

Great entertainment! Who needs IronMan, Thor< X-Men or any other scripted crap....when you have TheHub!

What's an "Epic", I've never heard of it?

1. Servicing a "Brain" is just as much a pain in the ass as looking after a "Lefty".

2. The Pro's of the lefty (weight, stiffness, response, etc.) is way more prominent than the "FSR/Brain" suspension and can be felt, it's not placebo.

3. IMHO the Scalpel rides/handles just so so much bette than the Spaz

4. The epic might feel faster, or actually be slightly faster

5. If you ride/race both bikes over the same course, the smile factor on the Scalpel will be better than that of the Spaz. (Stumpjumper FSR is another story.... totally).

6. I think on a downhill the Scalpel is much faster, on a climb/flats the Epic will be better

7. The Scalpel is a bit more versatile than than the pure race ready Epic.

just my couple of cents....

"GOOD wheelset choices are a pain in the ass and limited on the lefty hub, but changing a front flat is so easy on the front with the lefty cuz you don't have to remove the wheel... "

Edited by TheV

Both great bikes, if you compare the top of the range models, it'll come down to personal preference. I chose a Specialized Camber over the similar Scalpel because the Camber offered me better value. I own a Cannondale TT bike and it's the one bike I haven't felt the urge to replace. Lefty's still intrigue me, I'm sure I'll own one in the future.