Nissan Trailseeker 2 Hakahana

Muggins

Not bad for second time down that drop, will be faster next time! :w00t:

By the way, what is it your wife says at the end there? Or is she just spitting out the dust you kicked up? :lol:

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From that angle that drop off doesn't look so bad, but kudos to those that are brave enough.

From that angle that drop off doesn't look so bad, but kudos to those that are brave enough.

You learn on smaller easier drops. Sometime in the future I will be running skills weekends out at Hakahana ;)

The skills aren't the problem , I have too many responsibilities in case something goes wrong, Case in point like you and your hand, My arms and hands are my income.

The skills aren't the problem , I have too many responsibilities in case something goes wrong, Case in point like you and your hand, My arms and hands are my income.

Ja well, you can fall at walking speed like I did and break your arm anywhere.

True but I'm not purposely jumping off things just for a rush or the thrill, if it looks dangerous it probably is, that's my theory.

Those kind of things also looked intimidating to me a few years ago. As I said you build up to it. Your thinking slowly changes and you look at things and realise you have the skills - through experiencing similar obstacles. But it all depends if you want to or not. Many people are happy to keep riding the way they always have been. Some want to ride Enduro level right from starting MTB. And then their learning is very quick - because of mindset. Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread which is about the marathon events.

Those kind of things also looked intimidating to me a few years ago. As I said you build up to it. Your thinking slowly changes and you look at things and realise you have the skills - through experiencing similar obstacles. But it all depends if you want to or not. Many people are happy to keep riding the way they always have been. Some want to ride Enduro level right from starting MTB. And then their learning is very quick - because of mindset. Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread which is about the marathon events.

YEH SLIIICK. Please stop intimidating my riders. ;)

YEH SLIIICK. Please stop intimidating my riders. ;)

:lol:

Some of the guys building and ripping down your new Enduro lines were newbie XC guys less than a year ago. It's just about expanding people's minds

Edited by SLiiick

Hi Guys

I have not ridden here before. Those of you whom have, is this race comparable with the Monster and / or the Van Gaalens Ultra Marathon?

Hi Guys

I have not ridden here before. Those of you whom have, is this race comparable with the Monster and / or the Van Gaalens Ultra Marathon?

Havent ridden VG Ultra but not dissimilar to the Monster or VG in general terrain. This years routes are our best to date. The marathon has a couple of well-spaced and tough climbs, each with their own serious downhill rewards after.... Also some pleasant surprises/omissions near the end bits.. The Half- is a challenging but flowy trail throughout, with chunks of virgin new sections made for the event.