Nissan Trailseeker 2 Hakahana

Muggins

Damn you all, looks like I'll be doing the 70.

See you there then, have also entered the marathon. I did the marathon last year, my first visit to Hakahana, I walked a few sections but still had a great experience. One of those races that you make a mental note afterwards to ride again the next year !

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stunning video !! Post more ������

We're working on a proper vid of the new Hakahana downhill section that's 90% done (all of it is rideable but we still have to add in more fun features :clap: ). There are some awesome bloopers too... haha. Unfortunately our editor in chief, Sidewinder, is really busy at work. You will have to watch out for updates in the Enduro thread:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/137132-hakahana-enduro/

I'm hoping that some of you guys who do the marathon (40 or 70) are going to join us for the Enduro - date TBA. It really is a lot of fun. You ride/push up the hills slowly joking around with your buds or making new friends. Then you get to the top, relax for a bit, drop your saddle and take your turn to ride down. Rinse and repeat 3,4 or 5 times.

You are timed only on the downhill sections but you don't have to be fast or super skilled to enjoy yourself. There are always a good number of xc guys trying it out and we may even create a novice category... ;).

If you can ride most of the descents on the marathon without getting off then you can ride the Enduro routes. There will be a couple of hectic obstacles but they are well marked and always have easy B lines which will take a few extra seconds. You may even see some of these gnarly jumps and drops as you ride past them on the marathon.

The beauty of this format is that because it is short, you can go check out and practise the timed sections beforehand. Also take note which lines you prefer to ride or avoid. There is more time to recover between stages and chat to others about how you creamed a section or totally ballsed up another. You check out each others bikes (and ask the experienced guys what you need to upgrade to go faster :lol: ) - so it becomes a much more social affair. :thumbup:

Guest notmyname

That sandbag jump over the wall down into the right hand berm is insane! I'd schmaak to see you okes hitting that sucker.

Think I'll also avoid that jump, I like to keep my balls exactly where they are!!!!! The rest I'll do with pleasure

That sandbag jump over the wall down into the right hand berm is insane! I'd schmaak to see you okes hitting that sucker.

Did you watch the vid I posted? Bottom of page 7: Hakahaha stage 1. You see guys hitting it from various angles. I hit it before there was a berm or even any trail so basically had to stop in the rocks on the downslope.

I would never attempt it with a XC bike with a high saddle.

Edited by SLiiick

Guest notmyname

Did you watch the vid I posted? Bottom of page 7: Hakahaha stage 1. You see guys hitting it from various angles. I hit it before there was a berm or even any trail so basically had to stop in the rocks on the downslope.

I would never attempt it with a XC bike with a high saddle.

Please post a link. I'm out at customers the whole day and I'm not to keen to search and search. Sorry to be a pain.

Please post a link. I'm out at customers the whole day and I'm not to keen to search and search. Sorry to be a pain.

http://vimeo.com/97319351

I'm not a big fan of the rear facing camera for 90% of the vid. Only good in small doses but we have extra footage now to make a great vid.