Nissan Trailseeker 2 Hakahana

Muggins

Were you the lady at the top right where that cobble down hill started?

What happened?

Hope your ankle heals quickly.

On the crumbled concrete bit? then it was me......I was riding someone else's bike....stupid thing to have done...but want to buy a new one! So I pulled on the wrong break coming down on the concrete and the front wheel slide out from underneath me around the bend, the bike landed on top of my leg and my foot stayed stuck in the cleat unfortunately....I wasn't going that fast so it was just a freak accident! Thanks,also hoping for a quick recovery! ;-)

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't that bunny chow?

No Its the concrete road down used only by half-M. The marathon went up to the MTN tower at that point. Sounds like bad luck, but that road is a bit knarly anyway.

Yes that down hill was hairy at speed, your front and back wheels want to go in different directions.

You come off on that at speed and you'll find your teeth somewhere on the N14.

Some feedback from myself and some of the other junior racers in the 40km race was that in general the route was awesome. We loved the climb and all of the single track. 3 suggestions to make the race more enjoyable and safer are:

• Put decently sized climb in the first 5km(not as big as the main one). This will allow the race to split up a bit and avoid one huge bunch of riders who do not know how to ride well in a bunch together, this will also lower the high amount of crashes that happened in the group on the long tar section.
  • Take us down some single track or a dirt road off the main climb as that cement decent proved very dangerous with 2 people in the lead group of 4 sliding out in the first 100m. This will not only be safer but also a whole lot more fun as we know that you guys have awesome single track.
  • Keep the awesome single track that we rode it really made it a proper MTB race :clap:

I personally loved the race. I hope that you understand where I am coming from with these points as it will lead to safer and more exciting racing

Google

Some feedback from myself and some of the other junior racers in the 40km race was that in general the route was awesome. We loved the climb and all of the single track. 3 suggestions to make the race more enjoyable and safer are:

• Put decently sized climb in the first 5km(not as big as the main one). This will allow the race to split up a bit and avoid one huge bunch of riders who do not know how to ride well in a bunch together, this will also lower the high amount of crashes that happened in the group on the long tar section.
  • Take us down some single track or a dirt road off the main climb as that cement decent proved very dangerous with 2 people in the lead group of 4 sliding out in the first 100m. This will not only be safer but also a whole lot more fun as we know that you guys have awesome single track.
  • Keep the awesome single track that we rode it really made it a proper MTB race :clap:

I personally loved the race. I hope that you understand where I am coming from with these points as it will lead to safer and more exciting racing

Google

great feed back thanks. (Although you make it sound like there are endless/multiple options available to us). :eek:

1. I would have cut an alternative route down long ago had ONE landowner not refused access. Thats still the case, but there may be an alternative worth exploring now that you've raised it.

2. Hadn't heard of the crashes on the tar. Need to think that through..

3. Cant stop myself from looking for new routes..

Did anyone notice that Mark Skinner finished the half marathon about 20 times

"Jump-er-trax" Edited by HAKAHANA TRAILS

Cheers mate. Our blue, green and purple trails are intermediate and still fun and flowy bush trails totaling about 30k. But I am also working on a plan to mark some routes though to Broederstrooom, and then link up with Erics trails from VG. I ride this often. its a district ride with some nice options.

Route to VG sounds great ! Keep us posted !