Pretoria North

Lone-Ranger

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there's the newly opened Buffelsdrift MTB park. But there's loads and loads of singletrack, jeep track and district roads all over the North, from Cullinan to Harties.

Hi

There is the short trail up at Wonderboom, behind the reservoir and highschool. Access it from the top-secret municipal lapa behind the school.

I am hoping to organise a proper hill climb up to the signal towers in De Wildt. BUT, the road goes through private property.

The Buffelsdrift one is apparently also nice. There is a nice climb up to the venue from the conservancy gate

Thinking a bit closer to Montana\Doornpoort area\Pretoria North. Or even Roodeplaat area?

Buffelsdrift MTB park. You go up Molotto road, just past the train tracks, then hook a left into the plots. Try and finf Kosmos road, it ends in a gate with a pedestrian/bike bypass to the right, then you have various options inside. You're welcome to join us next Thursday night or next Saturday morning for a ride. Here's last night's route:

http://www.strava.com/activities/150035797

The Buffelsdrift one is apparently also nice. There is a nice climb up to the venue from the conservancy gate

There's a ton of climbs in that place, even if you stick to just the dirt roads.

Strava segments to search for:

Supertube (singletrack downhill)

Neverending story (Jeep track climb)

Sinagoge road climb

The guys are building a ton of track there. I'll be putting up some bridges soon as well - there's also the rumor of a canal gap jump being built :ph34r:

There's a ton of climbs in that place, even if you stick to just the dirt roads.

Strava segments to search for:

Supertube (singletrack downhill)

Neverending story (Jeep track climb)

Sinagoge road climb

The guys are building a ton of track there. I'll be putting up some bridges soon as well - there's also the rumor of a canal gap jump being built :ph34r:

Building bridges at Buffelsdrift also? I take it then you are the expert north on bridging gaps! Lekker man. I friend of mine stays in the area, not too far from Buffelsdrift, we hope to up there again. Thanks for the strava info. Will look it up.

Wouldn't call myself an expert but I've built a couple of bridges ... and burnt a few as well :D :D :D

• 4 weeks later...

Wouldn't call myself an expert but I've built a couple of bridges ... and burnt a few as well :D :D :D

Hey Riaan, I am going to be in Montana area this weekend. Do you maybe have the Buffelsdrift coordinates? or place name where I can start. I only ride in Parks, don't do tar roads, so want do drive there with my car....

Sorry only saw this now - you drive North on the Molotto road, over the traintracks (They go under the road and you may miss them), on your right is Spar - turn left into Buffelsdrift road, follow that untill you get to a gate (It's open) and voila.

There's a wide well worn footpaht some 10-20m off to the side of the Molotto road that we normally ride on, it goes from Zambezi up to the railway tracks. Why not join us one Saturday morning and we'll show you. 7:00 from Montana Value center (The one where the Outdoor warehouse and Landmark is)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived