FNB_DevelopingCyclingCitiesWorkshop - 12 Jun 2014

Hairy

Dear members,

In 2006, during the Velo Mondial conference, the City of Cape Town adopted a Declaration, the aim of which was to ensure that the CoCT facilitated the following tasks:

• Reclaiming public space so as to improve quality of life
  • Improving the integration of cycling with other sectors such as: health, public transport, environment, and economic generation
  • Facilitating greater access to high-quality technical expertise on cycling
  • Ensuring political commitment for an increased role for NMT in economic and community development
  • Planning to retain and encourage the small scale and mixed function of community districts and make these as accessible as possible to the bicycle
  • Building the capacity of community-based organisations and supporting NGOs in order to promote NMT
  • Engaging the business community in providing healthy workplaces

Attached please find the program for the follow up workshop. The workshop will be held at the FNB Conference venue

28th floor, FNB Portside building

c/o Hans Strijdom Ave & Buitengracht Street

Please rsvp to Marianne.vanderschuren@uct.ac.za if you are interested to attend.

Kind regards,

Marianne

FNB_DevelopingCyclingCitiesWorkshop - 12 Jun 2014.pdf

Thanks for the notice. RSVP sent.

Portside better have safe bike parking facilities.

• 4 weeks later...

I really enjoyed it. Lots of interesting speakers and some promising projects. The room was full. The view of Cape Town was also pretty impressive.

Anything for the northern subs? We've been trying to get cycle lanes into brackenfell for a while now