FYI : TREK & SCOTT RECALL BIKES FOR FORK ISSUES

Brandon P

As per Bikerumor.com, both Trek and Scott have issued safety recalls on a number of mid priced bicycles sold between 2011-2013 with SR Suntour Suspension Forks. According to the notice, the fork dropouts can break. All told, Scott is recalling 5,200 bikes, while Trek is recalling 120,000.

Customers are being asked to immediately stop using their bikes and to bring them to a dealer for inspection and repair. On some Trek bicycles, a replacement quick release can resolve the issue, but the manufacturer is replacing many models affected by the recall with RST Vita forks.

Thus far, Trek has received 28 reports of broken forks and five injuries. For more information, visit the CPSC webpage.

Scott is also recalling four different road bike models due to possible steer tube breaks. The recall affects 2,000 of the 2014 Speedster 30 and 40 bikes, and Contessa Speedster 25 and 35 models. You can use this guide on their safety notice to determine if your model is affected, or bring it to the dealer. Scott will replace at risk forks with a new model, free of charge. More info here at the CPSC.

... Not sure how this effects locally bought gear.

Edited by Brandon P