To the commuter on Tygervalley back road

controlc

@ +-6:30 in the mornings, I'm willing to go out and buy a hat, just to be able to take it off for you!

Of all the commuters I see in the morning, you are the most visible with your massive flashing white & red lights on the back. I can literally see you from more than a mile away, and cars are leaving a noticeably larger gap when overtaking you. This morning I even witnessed vehicles slowing down to safely overtake you while on the hill just before the hairpin.

Now if only the group of MTB guys training in the opposite direction will realize that giga-lumen forward facing lights are useless in traffic with their small red blinkers on the back.

If you know this commuter, please give him a pat on the back!

@ +-6:30 in the mornings, I'm willing to go out and buy a hat, just to be able to take it off for you!

Of all the commuters I see in the morning, you are the most visible with your massive flashing white & red lights on the back. I can literally see you from more than a mile away, and cars are leaving a noticeably larger gap when overtaking you. This morning I even witnessed vehicles slowing down to safely overtake you while on the hill just before the hairpin.

Now if only the group of MTB guys training in the opposite direction will realize that giga-lumen forward facing lights are useless in traffic with their small red blinkers on the back.

If you know this commuter, please give him a pat on the back!

I think its a friend of mine...will forward it to him!!

One cant have enough lights on the back!

After dropping my wife off in Montague Gardens on the motorcycle, I think I saw him again at the Montague Drive/Koeberg Rd intersection, heading in the traffic department direction. Lately it seems like he's commuting with someone?

Whatever light combo he has on the back definitely works when it's pitch black dark!

I think its a friend of mine...will forward it to him!!

One cant have enough lights on the back!

Frohan - if you are what I think you is, a big "Hallo!" from a fellow hubber on the forum :-)

You will know me as the deaf guy who was with you in the same school.

If it is your friend, with that big lights, can you tell the rest of us what type of lights he uses?

I definitely would like to know, as I am practically paranoid on what approaches me from behind....I also have 2 seperate lights at the back (LED types, white and red) but I think mine is much more smaller than your friend, plus I only ride around in Stellenbosch, nowhere else.