Scott cr1 with 25mm wide rims?

MarkT2014

Hi guys

I'm thinking of upgrading my wheelset to a 25mm wide rims with a U-shaped profile either 38mm or 50mm. Will there be enough clearance for the rim and tyre on the cr1 frame? Is there anyone currently running a similar setup?

Any advice or info will be really appreciated.

Hi guys

I'm thinking of upgrading my wheelset to a 25mm wide rims with a U-shaped profile either 38mm or 50mm. Will there be enough clearance for the rim and tyre on the cr1 frame? Is there anyone currently running a similar setup?

Any advice or info will be really appreciated.

Easy test - take a tape measure, and measure at the top of the fork by where the brake pads sit. If you can't measure 25mm between the brake blocks at full release, they won't fit.

Easy test - take a tape measure, and measure at the top of the fork by where the brake pads sit. If you can't measure 25mm between the brake blocks at full release, they won't fit.

Thanks cpt armpies... I have measured the distance between the chain stays and that's 30mm at its narrowest, I'm concerned about flex. Did'nt think to measure the top of the forks!! Thanks will do that too!

Thanks cpt armpies... I have measured the distance between the chain stays and that's 30mm at its narrowest, I'm concerned about flex. Did'nt think to measure the top of the forks!! Thanks will do that too!

Just measure at the brake blocks and then the distance between the top of the blocks and the point at the seat stays / chain stays where there would be the least clearance, just to be sure that there is enough clearance for the tyre that you want to put on.

On the flex side, would only be a problem if there's SEVERE flex. If your wheels are touching the brake blocks on each rotation of the wheels and stroke of the pedals. I'm assuming that the blocks are quite close to your existing rims, so if they don't bind now, they won't bind with a wider wheel. As long as the wheel isn't as wide as the distance between the blocks at their widest point.

Just measure at the brake blocks and then the distance between the top of the blocks and the point at the seat stays / chain stays where there would be the least clearance, just to be sure that there is enough clearance for the tyre that you want to put on.

On the flex side, would only be a problem if there's SEVERE flex. If your wheels are touching the brake blocks on each rotation of the wheels and stroke of the pedals. I'm assuming that the blocks are quite close to your existing rims, so if they don't bind now, they won't bind with a wider wheel. As long as the wheel isn't as wide as the distance between the blocks at their widest point.