[Event] Northern Farms MTB Orienteering

MTBorienteering

Event Name: Northern Farms MTB Orienteering
When: 28 September 2014
Where: Northern Farm, Gauteng
Category: MTB

Mountain Bike Orienteering is an orienteering sport on a Mountain Bike where navigation is done along trails and tracks, using a map to navigate between various control points.

Riders choose their own routes between points.

Registration from 8h30 to 9h30

Time-trial starts at 2 minute intervals from 9h00 to 10h00. Prize giving at 12h00.

Long distance 20kms

Middle distance 12kms

Short distance 6kms

EMIT (Electronic timing specific to orienteering) will be used. EMIT hire is included in the entry fee.

Please enter online at: http://www.orienteer...petitionID=1792

All payments can be made on race day at registration.

Go to Event Page

I did the event at B'sorah yestetrday. So much of fun!

Adds a new dimension to riding your mountain bike. Don't underestimate finding routes to points, not as easy as it would seem though. The trails at B'sorah are suitably challenging as well.

@dirt-rider, yes you should start doing stuff like this! You get a map at the start, and there are a number checkpoints on the map that you have to visit in order.

the B'sorah Farm event on Sunday was very well attended, and recieved excellent feedback.

This Northern Farm event will be easier, as the riding (technically) at Northern Farm is generally far easier than B'sorah. The course distances are also shorter, so an excellent race to try out the sport. See you there!

Saw orienteering boards at groenkloof in recent months as well. Tried an event yonks ago, I can't read a paper map :-( but plenty fun :-)