Saddles Decisions

AlanD

I bought a Pro Turnix 142mm on Thursday, and felt absolute comfort the minute I got onto it, fantastic value for money at R995 for a 205grm saddle

nice topic - I am also looking for a comfy saddle atm, did 55km today and was fine except for my center @$$ bone (don't know the medical term) which gave me lots of pain.

Edited by in10sive

nice topic - I am also looking for a comfy saddle atm, did 55km today and was fine except for my center @$$ bone (don't know the medical term) which gave me lots of pain.

The center ass bone? Are you referring to the piece between your scrotum and ass?

Is there a specific way to take correct measurements or does a qualified person with experience have to do it ?

Is there a specific way to take correct measurements or does a qualified person with experience have to do it ?

It is possible to do the measurements yourself (ask Dr. Google) but I think the best method is to pop into a local Specialized dealer where they will measure you on their Ass-O-Meter™ (no jokes) for free.

I'm also a huge fan of the Specialized Body Geometry saddles.

No, i have tried sitting on tin foil, bags of flower, carborad, firm pillows and everythng else and has no accurate measurement. Had anything from 85mm-110mm. Seems the best option to go to a specialized dealer to sit on that test bum saddle measurement thing.

BrandonF - why did you go for the 142mm and not the 132mm? Did you go for the cut out or the grovve one? I am favouring this saddle due to the value for money.

BrandonF - why did you go for the 142mm and not the 132mm? Did you go for the cut out or the grovve one? I am favouring this saddle due to the value for money.

Hi Alan

I did a BG Fit a while back and they told me I would need a 142mm saddle, I never changed my Selle Italia SLR at that point, but just felt recently after very long rides that I should maybe look at changing, I saw the Turnix at Evobikes, read up a bit on it and went for the cut out 142mm

Done three rides on it to date and can feel a huge difference, no pressure points, feels like Im sitting in the saddle, really comfortable and great value for money

Hi Alan

I did a BG Fit a while back and they told me I would need a 142mm saddle, I never changed my Selle Italia SLR at that point, but just felt recently after very long rides that I should maybe look at changing, I saw the Turnix at Evobikes, read up a bit on it and went for the cut out 142mm

Done three rides on it to date and can feel a huge difference, no pressure points, feels like Im sitting in the saddle, really comfortable and great value for money

Cool. Last question: Does the back rise up a bit as in the pic? I need a little rise to push against for climbs - not so flexible or strong int he climbs.

Cool. Last question: Does the back rise up a bit as in the pic? I need a little rise to push against for climbs - not so flexible or strong int he climbs.

Correct, it does rise a bit

• 1 month later...

An update on this for anyone interested: I went for the Pro Turnix saddle (no cut out) as i got it on a speacial. Looks really good on the bike and is very light. It's comfortable but i do feel i move around a little on the saddle and seems to make a somewhat squeeky sound after a while presumbaly from my shorts rubbing on the saddle. It does feel a little hard but is comfortable and guess it needs a little bedding in period. Overall happy with the purcahse but not 100% sure is the perfect saddle fit for me bt time will tell.