Garmin 800 Problems showing Calories

Paul Ruinaard

I just wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions as a last resort before going to the agents and trying to get them to help

My problem is my Garmin 800 is not displaying Calories. No matter what i do. I have re loaded firmware, deleted screens and re-loaded them. To no avail.

But get this - when I upload to Strava and Garmin Connect it was happily showing the calories. Now this last weekend, there are none. So i am totally flummoxed as it seemed like they were being recorded but not displayed.

Anyone have any idea?

And BTW - all the other registers display fine and the navigation etc (which I haven't changed at all) are all still working.

What do you guys think?

Same thing happened to me a while back. Eventually found that my Activity Level had reset itself to zero and so it wasn't calculating my calories.

Go to Menu>Settings>User profile>Activity Class and change it to any number from 1 to 10

That sorted it for me.

Same thing happened to me a while back. Eventually found that my Activity Level had reset itself to zero and so it wasn't calculating my calories.

Go to Menu>Settings>User profile>Activity Class and change it to any number from 1 to 10

That sorted it for me.

Thanks will try that as well. Mine was set to 5>

Archived