Replace an American classic race 29er Rim with ZTR rim?

Konaman

I have an American classic race 29er tubeless Rim 32h that is damaged. The dealers want to charge me R2000 for replacement.

Can i go for a Ztr 29 er rim, and what would be close or equivalent using the same spokes? I believe Ztr's are almost half the price. Please advise

If you do go for ZTR, concider going for the Arch instead of the Crest. Arch is the stronger of the two. You do however add a little bit of weight.

But unless you weight very little, you'll more than likely get better life out of the Arch.

ZTR are quite strong. The alu in the AM Classics are very soft, because they try to keep the weight down. If you've dented one, you're very likely to dent another one.

You will more than likely need to replace the spokes with slightly longer spokes. There are some good online spoke calculators which can assist.

I run ZTR's on both my bikes, Crest on dual and Arch on HT. I absolutely love them. Great value for money.

Thx guys.

i have the original AC hubs and is concerned that the spokes may not be right. If i need to buy spokes , then i can just as well get the same AC rim and payup.

have you checked if you will need new spokes?

maybe buy a rim with the same erd as the ones youbare repacing?

on a side, 2k for a rim????

Archived