XTERRA Grabouw 2015

Fisan

Who's ready for the XTERRA Grabouw?

Kick off is 08:30 - its gonna be HOT.

Looking forward to my first triathlon ever!  :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Are you doing full or lite?

Current info looks like it will be a "no wetsuit swim". A bit irritating as it is much easier in the suit, especially going into transition.

But looking forward to it! Much better prepared than last year!

Who's ready for the XTERRA Grabouw?

Kick off is 08:30 - its gonna be HOT.

Looking forward to my first triathlon ever!  :lol:

Weather is looking quite cool for the lite tomorrow.  max 18 according to accuweather.

Looking forward to my 2nd lite.  Am much fitter / stronger / more confident for the swim, but have done absolutely NO running training so the run (walk) is going to be interesting.

Super excited. My first Xterra Lite, but i have done some Sprint tri's and Quantum races. Hope you all have a great day and some fun out. My strategy is to go all out till I need to rest :drool:

Yeah I posted this almost a month ago...glad to see the weather cooled down for the weekend!

Also quite happy that its a now wetsuit swim: I don't own a wetsuit and I don't want to be handicapped for my first XTERRA!   :whistling:

What a great event. My wife and kids went along and they had a blast. I should have checked the MTB route beforehand. Went out way to slow ended up sitting in huge traffic coming down the singletrack. Had a hard, but satisfying run. From the start of the swim - the finish of the run I never stopped, walked or pushed. Ended up doing a 1:52 and 161th. Enough water tables and great route marking and marshalls. I will be back next year.

It was one of the most difficult events I've ever done - but an awesome one! My only problem is that there were TOO MUCH singletrack. I love singletrack, but the (non-dodgy) overtaking opportunities were scarce. So 70% of the bike leg pace is determined by the person in front of you... Otherwise, brilliantly organised, family friendly, beautiful scenery: will do again next year  :thumbup:

Lesson learnt this year, improve transition time between swim and bike.

I finished in the top 3rd of the swim which I was really happy about, but a lot of ladies passed me in transition and I got stuck behind them on the mtb. 

I went up the sandy uphill faster than the speed we went on the singletrack and I'm not that fit or strong on climbs.

Feel really bad for the girls that are racing for the podium.  I got stuck behind quite a few slow guys so can only imagine how difficult it was for them.

Anyway, besides that, it was an awesome well organised event.  My goal for next year is to do the full event!