That’s a wrap: 2015 Cape Town Cycle Tour MTB Challenge

News bot

They punched the air, bumped fists and grinned – sometimes all at the same time – as they completed their ride and collected their medals on Sunday, bringing the Cape Town Cycle Tour’s weekend of mountain biking to an end. About 3 500 cyclists competed in the Cape Town Cycle Tour MTB Challenge at Le Bonheur Wine Estate in Stellenbosch, held over two days this weekend.

Click here to view the article

Enjoyed it, but left my racetec and race bike at home, took my trail bike. This is not a race, should rather be treated as a ride. Otherwise you will become too frustrated with the massive amounts of traffic. Wil do it again next year for sure. Met some really nice guys and girls along the way.

Enjoyed it, but left my racetec and race bike at home, took my trail bike. This is not a race, should rather be treated as a ride. Otherwise you will become too frustrated with the massive amounts of traffic. Wil do it again next year for sure. Met some really nice guys and girls along the way.

Johny did you have the Paarl mtb shirt on?  .... :)

Was really enjoyable yes. Very hot day in the saddle, but otherwise perfect. Will def do next year.

I had a great "ride" but i wont be back i find these mainstream races have way to much traffic, prefer smaller races with limited numbers.   The ST looked awesome but to much congestion couldnt really ride them like they deserved to be ridden.