[Event] Walkerbay Extreme

crashtestdummy

Event Name: Walkerbay Extreme
When: 1 May 2015 - 3 May 2015
Where: Hermanus Old harbour, Western Cape
Category: MTB

A fun weekend for the whole family, events are based in and around the old and new harbours in Hermanus. 800m MTB course in the old harbour, racing on a crit format - see flyer for more info. Huge cash prizes for first place.

Go to Event Page

• 4 weeks later...

What about 2nd & 3rd places? Must you be there all 3 days or can you just race 2 & 3rd day or 1st & 3rd day?

What about 2nd & 3rd places? Must you be there all 3 days or can you just race 2 & 3rd day or 1st & 3rd day?

Looks like day 1 for the kids, and day 2 for the race snakes with 2 heats on Saturday.

Friday

Junior Girls & Junior Boys (12 – 17) (15min per race) 2*15 = 30min

Final – Junior Girls & Junior Boys = 20min

Saturday

Elite Ladies & Vets Ladies & Open Ladies (20min per heat)

Open Men & Vets Men & Elite men (30min per heat)

Final – Elite Ladies & Vets Ladies & Open Ladies – 20min

Final – Open Men & Vets Men & Elite men – 30min

Although this bit is confusing:

Heat 1 – 1st of May at 15hoo

Heat 2 – 2nd of May at 08h00

Final – 2nd of May at 14h00

Is that for everyone, or is heat 1 for the kids, heat 2 for the race snakes and the final also for the race snakes?

Can we enter on the day?

Damn - I was hoping you race snakes wouldn't see this. This event is about 355kms too short for me...

Damn - I was hoping you race snakes wouldn't see this. This event is about 355kms too short for me...

SSHHHH.....

If we keep this quiet we might stand a chance.

Hey guys,

Cash prizes are for 1st place only, 2nd and 3rd will win weekends away, restaurant vouchers, wine etc.

Entry on the day is possible as long as there are still entries available, entries are limited to 200 for the Saturdays races.

Riders will only need to compete in one heat, with the fastest 40(on time) going through to the final.

Sounds like very cool event, pity its clashing with the round 4 of the Western Province XCO series in Somerset West.

Hey guys,

Cash prizes are for 1st place only, 2nd and 3rd will win weekends away, restaurant vouchers, wine etc.

Entry on the day is possible as long as there are still entries available, entries are limited to 200 for the Saturdays races.

Riders will only need to compete in one heat, with the fastest 40(on time) going through to the final.

still not clear enough, see velouria post above, thanks.

What kind of route can we expect? Since the fires I've spent all my time consuming windhoek... little bit worried. 

What kind of route can we expect? Since the fires I've spent all my time consuming windhoek... little bit worried. 

hubevents-2037-0-11165100-1429972594.jpg