Donation drives and collection tins: The Spruit Fairies

ByronH

I was wondering whether there are currently any initiatives for donations to the Spruit Fairies?

Although I frequently see individual threads about donations to the fairies, and banking details, I have not come across any concrete initiatives to raise money for them?

I know that the Joburg Social MTB Group is having a donation drive for the Spruit Fairies at their get together on the 15th of August. I am sure that there are other ways to raise money for them, and the good work which they are doing, and could potentially do!

One idea i was thinking of, and it could be totally hated, which is fine, is the placement of some donation collection tins (ice cream tubs etc..) at some of the local bike shops which service clientele of the Spruit, like the Trailhead, Linden Cycles, A-Line, Northcliff Cycles, Complete Cyclist. 

My thinking was that if a significant number of customers just dropped in a few bucks each time they visit their LBS, it could make a big difference to the work of the fairies, and the quality of our trail... and by quality I dont only mean trail quality, but things like safety and litter etc.

Or is the answer more in donation rides?

There is an account you can donete to.

Look on facebook for the Jozi Spruit Friends group

Since the Spruit Fairies are quite closely connected to the Trailhead :P, you will see something here soon... Possibly even a QR code to scan and donate.

Archived