Manitou R7 80 Elite Absolute vs Fox F80 fork

AuctionLamb

for starters the fox shouldn't give you any problems, where as the manitou's are known to be a little tempremental.....

Manitou claim that their new R7 to be the lightest on the market at just under 1260 grams. Fox's F80 RLC tips the scales at around the 1500 gram mark. The Manitou also uses its patented reverse arc technology, its plush but also as Rock put it, tempremental. The Fox is shiny white, super plush and bomb proof, its also super pricey.

Check out the new RockShox SId, its similar to the Reba and has an acclaimed weight of around 1450 grams for the Race model.

Is there a big diff between these:

Manitou R7 80 Elite Absolute and a Fox F80 fork

Fox: Bomb-proof and good after-sales service

Manitou is lighter but more flexy.

Fox is stiffer and heavier, but not as trust worthy as...

Rock Shox Reba or Rock Shox Sid is the way to go!

OK so right off the technical track but depending on the colour of the bike you're putting it on a white Fox just looks cool. Dunno about that strange 'primer' colour on the R7 ........

Flip but does that sound girly or what ..........

The new R7's are candy red, suits very few paint jobs. Just go Rockshox - Cheaper, lighter, stronger:-)

The new R7's are candy red' date=' suits very few paint jobs. Just go Rockshox - Cheaper, lighter, stronger:-)

[/quote']

Cheaper lighter stronger ....... and mostly black .........Wink

The new R7's are candy red' date=' suits very few paint jobs. Just go Rockshox - Cheaper, lighter, stronger:-)

[/quote']

...it all depends on who you know and how hard you try.

20080411_135333_IMG_0921.JPG

The Crow2008-04-11 13:56:54

[/quote']

Hey, if it worked for Henry Ford....

Depends on your weight. the New R7 is awsome if you are below 75kg. of you are over this weight you will find that it is just too soft. If over 75kg go for the Rock Shock!!!!

[/quote']

...it all depends on who you know and how hard you try.

20080411_135333_IMG_0921.JPG

That is sweet ...... just hope LittleBen doesn't see it ! He loves his Reba and would have given an eye tooth to have it in white on his Stumpjumper carbon HT. 

that blue hub looks sweet. But the fox is definatly bullet proof and also have good service feed back. But the new sid worldcup(blue) is really bling and the best shock out there. just ask Burry about it. look very nice on and frame just because of what it is

I have a Manitou R7 80 Elite Absolute and it is the best fork I have ever had.  Its extremely light and is not as flexy as you may think. The dial on the right has about 6 clicks and it allows you to make it stiffer with every click you turn it, until it locks out completely.

I will not go for anything else, even if you give me a Sid or Fox for free.

I have a Manitou R7 80 Elite Absolute and it is the best fork I have ever had.  Its extremely light and is not as flexy as you may think. The dial on the right has about 6 clicks and it allows you to make it stiffer with every click you turn it' date=' until it locks out completely.
I will not go for anything else, even if you give me a Sid or Fox for free.
[/quote']

How heavy are you? if you are 80kg's+ this fork gives you the heebie jeebies. I know I also have one.

And the clicks they do not offer a progressive lock out, it just adjust the wastegate and makes the shock less sensitive to small bumps. But if you put weight on it with longer strokes it is still as soft all the way through the travel. Until it is locked out.

Thay said if you are less than 75kg's I thnk this could be the best thing since sliced bread.