WHERE'S JOHAN BORNMANN!!??

Veloce

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity the bike has such a slow rider though...

I'll be the first to admit my car is not fast at all!  In fact, my Volvo is probably faster!  There is however something really amazing about driving a classic car though, which most drivers of modern cars simply will never understand!

There is a Guy by the name of Bernard who does Nicasil coatings in Randburg for mostly 2-stroke race motors, he is a very keen cyclist as well! PM me if you need his details.

Pity the bike has such a slow rider though...

I'll be the first to admit my car is not fast at all!  In fact' date=' my Volvo is probably faster!  There is however something really amazing about driving a classic car though, which most drivers of modern cars simply will never understand!
[/quote']

What volvo? Can we get an updated signature please...Big%20smile

With that I fully agree!!!! I get a huge thrill from driving my '72 and that sound....absolutely awesome! 

Signature updated to show my new boring phase in life!

72?  Brilliant car!  Ever had fuel go into the oil filler cap? Wink

Not too many '72s around anymore - Targa or Coupe?  What colour?

R2S2, Subfree answered for me.

Bernard has his shop on the 4th floor (dunno the building's name) in Fontainebleau, Randburg. Cnr Maria str and 4th Ave North.

I heard he is the only person who has the rights or something to do Nicasil. Dunno if it's true or not, but I do know he does the cylinders for most the bike shops around the country

72?  Brilliant car!  Ever had fuel go into the oil filler cap? Wink

Not too many '72s around anymore - Targa or Coupe?  What colour?

Noooooooooooo, 72 ALFA ROMEO of course. I dont drive a glorified Volkswagen....err I mean Porsche....Big%20smile

But seriously though, I agree with you about the speed thing. For me handling and a torquey motor are more important than speed 10 fold. Also for me the most important is appreciation of the engineering. Alfa pioneered the alloy engine block and the casting is so complicated very few have even tried to copy it. Its about appreciating the finer things in life: Fine woman, fine wine, fine art and i don't drink nor am i interested in art. 

Subfree, Pocketbikes;

Thanks for the advice on the Nikasil.  I'll definitely be in touch with Berhard!

Dirt Rider;

Is that an X-19?

Veloce;

Please tell me your car is a GT Junior!  I love those!

I dont drive a glorified Volkswagen....err I mean Porsche....Big%20smile

Many people would like to believe that!

If you follow world finance, as one does, you might know that Porsche has been given the green light to buy a controlling (51%) stake in Volkswagen.  Soon I guess Volkswagen guys will be telling everyone they drive Porsches!LOL

Yep, GT junior 1600 with a 2 litre motor in now. There is nothing more beautiful than 2 sidedraught webers with trumpets feeding a twin cam motor!!!!!

Yip but I sold it so I could start my new project .

I hope this new project has four wheels!  The X-19 had quite a cult following around the world, pity to see so very few around these days.  I used to love the green metallic colour they came in!