[Event] Bestmed Ballito Expedition

News bot

Event Name: Bestmed Ballito Expedition
When: 14 November 2015
Where: Sugar Rush Adventure Centre in Ballito, Kwazulu-Natal
Category: MTB

The event is presented for the third year by ASG Events on 14 November 2015 at the Sugar Rush Adventure Centre in Ballito.

The venue is situated in the hills on the western side of the N2 bypass and borders on vast sections of sugar cane plantations, forests and wide open planes which route director Darren Herbst and his crew shaped into a wonderful inaugural experience last year.

The route boasts amazing views and some tough, yet ride-able terrain, all adding up to a mountain biker’s dream.

Entries and information on www.asgevents.co.za. Timing and race admin managed by www.roag.co.za.

25km and 50km distances are again on offer and after some good feedback over the past two years, the route will remain largely unchanged.

The Event will start and finish at the Sugar Rush Club House. Located less than 10 min outside of Ballito and 20 min From Durban CBD . The venue has more than enough parking, a stunning coffee shop and winery and wide open grass areas to enjoy a great day out with the family.

Routes

25km: The 25km race has something to offer for everyone. The route profile includes about 400m of climbing, making it a tough, but ride-able throughout.

There are spectacular views along the route and four long single track forest sections that really are special. The route consists of a variety of terrain with great descents, some challenging climbs and fast winding single track.

It has Jeep Track, Farm Roads, single track and it winds through a number of sugar cane farms, along streams and through open fields. It really is a route for all reasons, and certainly a challenging outing.

To view the 25km route map and profile Click here.

50 km: The 50km is a challenge riders will relish if they have a bit of fitness under the belt!

With approximately 900 meters of climbing, this undulating route will take you through, up and over some of the most amazing trails on the North Coast.

Cyclists will follow most of the 25km route, and split off after 15km into the hills. Most of the 50km route consists of scenic jeep track and single track riding with some mind-blowing sections along mountain contours.

The route is worth every drop of sweat - experiencing 50km/h+ descents and hilltop views make it all worth the effort.

To view the 50km route map and profile Click here.

As a whole this event is about great routes and something for the family. The Team from ASG and Sugar Rush hope that we will give all mountain-bikers and supporters something to remember once again this year.

There will be a number of great waterpoints and spectator viewing points along the route.

Check out the Bestmed Ballito Expedition Facebook page for updates.

Entry fees: 25km (R175), 50km (R225)

Goody bags to all on-line entries

Entries close: 8 November 2015

Registration: On the morning of the race at the Sugar Rush Clubhouse from 05h00

Start time: 07h00

Medals to all finishers

Bike-wash in aid of Cansa

R10 of every entry is donated to Cansa

R10 000 in prize money

Seeding and timing will be done by ROAG

For further information email eventsupport@asgworld.co.za or phone 076 621 1807

Go to Event Page