Bar/stem weight - how NB is it?

DanielJhb

I am a firm believer in fork setup and tyre pressure to get the right ride feel on my mtb. For me the bar shape is the most important factor (hand and wrist position), not so much the material.

Try it - you might be pleasantly surprised :) of course - I just accept that all the others are correct and in place - as they should be.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the real question... what's you stem length, bar width and/or handle bar rise? and what are you changing it to? it's all about handling, not so much weight when it gets to stems and bars

Currently running a 35mm stem and 760mm bars, due to the very short stem I run all spacers under it so I'm struggling to get enough weight on the front end for climbing (obviously). I guess it's a trade off as manualling/wheelies/drops are easier with short stem and stack height, as your weight is so far back. May need to change to a 50mm stem and slightly lower stack height to get a more balanced feel...

Currently running a 35mm stem and 760mm bars, due to the very short stem I run all spacers under it so I'm struggling to get enough weight on the front end for climbing (obviously). I guess it's a trade off as manualling/wheelies/drops are easier with short stem and stack height, as your weight is so far back. May need to change to a 50mm stem and slightly lower stack height to get a more balanced feel...

Or.... swap stems with me? I want a 35mm. I have a 50mm... 

Or.... swap stems with me? I want a 35mm. I have a 50mm...

Will think about it and pm you later, it's red though not sure how well it will go with your reign...

Will think about it and pm you later, it's red though not sure how well it will go with your reign...

no worries. 

BTW - sandpaper & spray paint are wondrous things... Unless it's a SPANK stem. Wouldn't do that to a SPANK. 

no worries. 

BTW - sandpaper & spray paint are wondrous things... Unless it's a SPANK stem. Wouldn't do that to a SPANK.

Afraid so

post-69937-0-75676800-1447241206_thumb.jpg

LOL. That's fine... Don't mind a bit of red. Will match the rebound knob on my fork. And the blood on my face next time I crash.

EDIT: Oh, my stem is the Hussefelt. So you'll have a full Truvativ cockpit :)

Hahaha amazing. Cool man will think about it and drop you a message later

Archived