I need help with my Mongoose Firebal dj

mschulzsa

Please help, I went riding today and my left crank arm snapped (SR Suntour Duro) I need a new crank arm and am also looking at getting a new bb, I want to get something strong and that will last, I'm not that concerned about weight. I don't have a particularly large budget but can save up, please help, my bike is a 2012 Mongoose Fireball.

Hi, you broke your crank while pedalling or you hit a rock? :eek:

Have a look for 2nd hand parts on the hub, you should be able to find what you need, or put up a 'wanted" post in the classified. 

I landed from a jump, and it wasn't a case by the way, and it just snapped, I'm a bit of a noob so I'm not sure what to look for, suggestions would be much appreciated. :)

You will need to get a Shimano BB-ES25 octalink bottom bracket, or something else the same size and your new crank will need 32T. I will recommend upgrading the whole crank, You will be lucky to find just a crank arm for sale.

Will recommend taking your bike in to have this all done if you don't have the tools. 

• 1 month later...