• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the Eikenberg and Van Avermaet goes again with Rowe, Benoot and Sagan on his wheel. Etixx are trying to bring this back together but they're in trouble and Sagan is forced to come around Rowe who loses the wheel.

And now Benoot takes the lead and Sagan and Rowe are both dropped. Even Van Avermaet struggles to make the cut but just about latches on.

Over the top and Sagan, Benoot, Van Avermaet and Rowe are back together again. They're 15 seconds down on the four leaders with the peloton around 25 seconds further back. There's still a long way to go in this race. Gilbert can sit tight with his teammate up the road, if that's the BMC plan.

Sagan seems to have recovered from that earlier effort and starts to set the pace before dropping back to watch the rest of the riders in his break. Could we see both world champions win today?

Etixx sit on the front still and are in control of the main field. They need to close down this move because if it goes out to a minute the race could be gone.

The Sagan group are working well, even using the curb in order to avoid the cobbles. They pick up a couple of riders from the early break but they won't have much help from them.

40 seconds between Sagan and the peloton. Etixx have the numbers and they dont seem to be in panic mode just yet.

That Martin crash could be so important in the outcome of the race. Etixx lost one of their strongest riders and Terpstra may have come down too.

Terpstra was held up in the Martin crash and he's battling to come back to the main field. Groups all over the road due the earlier crashes.

You can't fault the rides from Sagan, Benoot, Van Avermaet and Rowe. They've been aggressive and so far it has paid off.

So we have the Sagan group leading, then the Chavanel split at 27 seconds and the main field at 47 seconds. 39 km to go.

Archived