What is Morne Blignaut up to?

Gary Rabie

Morne has quit riding and is working in V town to earn a living' date=' says he can't continue riding as he has no sponsors, he is engaged and is no longer involved with Gypsy at all!

[/quote']

Did not know you have to be sponsered to ride??

Morne was given all the opportunities by CSA, but he did not produce the results at the end of the day.

Simple as that.

I heard Morne got physical with some dude in some overseas world cup race, was disqualified and lost his spot into the olympics. Maybe that's the reason for hanging up the wheels?

Hey if you guys have a problem with THE FASTEST sprinter this country has ever had. Contact CSA and get his details from them.Take it up with him personally. If you wanna be a top racer in this country you have to have sponsors. Ask Gary Rabie , He'll tell you. I wonder WHY all the big mouths in these forums, always end up TRASHING the talent of our country (JEALOUSY MAYBE, CAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES) ,,,I wonder.

we got an under 16 kid in KZN that ran an 11.10 a few weeks ago, this makes him the second fasted sprinter in the country at the moment. he got no sponsors, only passion and lots of speed

I'm sorry to post this, as I am going to insult in a "round about way"

Is it true Fau1ty that this U16 is now technically the fastest rider in the country? At 11.10 sec?

If this is the case, this is sad.

What was the qualifying time of the Elites at SA's this weekend? If the fastest sprinter in the country is an U16 running an 11.10 then I do not know why we are even sending a team/rider to Olympics for the track. Its a waste of time and we are going to look like fools.

Its a pity the BEST track riders are not/have not been given the chances in this country.

Ghadi Chiat won the sprint in PE - a worthy winner.

Bernard Esterhuizen (U16) is an exeptional talent and I hope that he will be looked after. He is lucky that his dad (The old fox Wickus) trains with him and shows him the ropes.

I agree -  having Wickus as his coach (and Dad), he can only excell. I have raced with Wickus for many years and have the greatest respect fo him and Bernard can only grow from here, I wish him  all the best.  

Ghadi Chiat won the sprint in PE - a worthy winner.

Bernard Esterhuizen (U16) is an exeptional talent and I hope that he will be looked after. He is lucky that his dad (The old fox Wickus) trains with him and shows him the ropes.

speaking of dad, Wikus, he came third in the Elite Sprint. He's gonna be good at the worlds again...

Morne attempting a world record?

For what?

This is the problem with forums...too many opinions and personal insights cloud the actual truth.

Italy & Vanderbijlpark are two very different places!!!!

Morne has quit riding and is working in V town to earn a living' date=' says he can't continue riding as he has no sponsors, he is engaged and is no longer involved with Gypsy at all!

[/quote']

Hey Jo. thanks for the update. Looks like we have lost another track rider then. Maybe he will get on the bike again, this is not the first time he has hung up his wheels and started working. Well done at Nationals, another 500m title.

All I wanted to know was if he was still riding. I did not intend to start a debate about track, fastest sprinters etc. I must admit though that Bernhard's times at SA's were very impressive. I hope he gets a shot a going to Junior World's next year. His kilo time will be interetsing to see. maybe Garen's SA record is in jeopardy.

he might be to young for junior worlds it's under investigation, he is very quick at the moment, Wikus has some good ideas about training and i see improvement in my self since i have been riding with them both for a while now.

i heard alot of rumors about Morne, if he is still riding i am sure he would have been at SA Champs. if he dont have a sponsor who is paying for him to be in Italy?