Babbas Races

MTBOnly

Hi,

To anyone that have done the Babbas races before, can you pleas provide some info on how you found it. Maybe a rating out of 10 would help. I normally do the USN and Nissan races. Also on the 70km distance, how would you rate it against lets say a 70km Nissan race? +- how many people enter these races?

Any constructive info will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Babbas is a nice chilled event. The race is not difficult. Very fast, some good flowing new singletrack (mostly cattle paths). Climbing isn't much, I got something like 250m on the 30km route in January. The 70km is two loops of the 30. There is a fair bit of sand if it is dry, but easily manageable. Being such a fast paced race, it is a proper time trial to gage where your speed endurance is... It is not an event for the masses, there are normally around 150-200 for the 30km, and up to 100 for the longer. Also a 12k and 1k for the kids. The organizer (Andre) doesn't think anything of it to start to chat anyone and everyone. Very decent guy. He himself is an accomplished ultra triathlete.

Edited by cjlieben

Rode Babbas yesterday and always enjoy it .You can easily ride until you cramp or ride with mates at a leisurely pace  .Yesterday's route was 60km on my GPS .No crowds or bottlenecks ever .New route has less climbing and more Singletrack.Winning time was 2h20 .Most average riders will take 2h30 to 3hoo to complete the 2 laps .Safe parking .Good place to start doing events and get a soft introduction to mtb,ing .USN and trailseeker events are more difficult and much bigger events .I always do a line entry .Like Empty says .You have to do one at least