[Event] Ashburton Investments #7 ROOIBERG

WesselvdWalt

Event Name: Ashburton Investments #7 ROOIBERG
When: 15 October 2016
Where: Ukhutula Lodge, Main Road, Rooiberg, Limpopo, Limpopo
Category: MTB

A mere 2 hours from Pretoria, 50km outside Bela Bella, lies a little town called Rooiberg.

Rooiberg has a couple secrets and for those in the know who have ridden there before know that mountain bike trails have been built here from the ground up, providing a real adventurous escape into the bushveld. The venue is spread over more than 12 500 ha and malaria free, unspoilt bushveld, Elandsberg Nature Reserve nestles in the shadow of the majestic Waterberg Mountains. The route this year will incorporate additional trail networks around the Elandsberg Nature Reserve.

Cyclists can look forward to an unforgettable bushveld mountainbike experience in true South African style. Breathtaking views with vast diversity of wild life.

On route, you can expect well stocked water points with a festive atmosphere. These sponsors are not only there to restock your water supply but also to lift your spirits and encourage you to keep on going. You can be sure of our best service, attention to detail, and a unique bushveld experience, both on and off your bike!

This race will surely go from strength to strength and we look forward to sharing this awesome day with you and your family in years to come! Cyclist or spectator .... Make sure that you and your family diarise the dates for the Rooiberg MTB Race well in advance!

Go to Event Page

• 6 months later...

Hi all

can you please give me some info for this race regarding the route it self ?

must i go with the soft tail or hardtail bike?

heard that there is a lots of rocks .......

Thanks

Kind Regards 

Dusty real Bushveld ride, sand, rocky Soft tail if you have one otherwise hardtail (done 2 on hardtail). Not to many riders

Found a heart rate monitor left by the pool at the end of the race. If you or anybody you know is missing a heart rate rate monitor, please let me know so I can get it back to the owner.