Tacx Training 4 - virtual riders toooooo fast

Joe Low

Have any of you Tacx owners had the problem of virtual riders being too fast and got around it?

On 'very easy' on a flat road they are riding away from me when i'm going 37kmh.  If i put 8 riders on, i can stay with the last one for +/-25mins as the others make breakaways one-by-one.

I've calibrated the brake so it's not too tight, set the threshold power around 80 watts & tweeted Tacx who dont have an answer yet.

Have any of you Tacx owners had the problem of virtual riders being too fast and got around it?

On 'very easy' on a flat road they are riding away from me when i'm going 37kmh. If i put 8 riders on, i can stay with the last one for +/-25mins as the others make breakaways one-by-one.

I've calibrated the brake so it's not too tight, set the threshold power around 80 watts & tweeted Tacx who dont have an answer yet.

Which machine are you running?

I used to have an I-magic, which is basically an old Flow, with the USB upgrade kit. The problem is that the brake on this unit could not handle more than about a 5% climb - anything excess of that and it maxed out, so the people on the newer units are hugely disadvantaged. Tacx claim that they rectify it with an algorithm which limits speed on these types of climbs to compensate, but I don't buy it.

Also, and I reckon this applies to all virtual racing apps, its simple to electronically dope, by under reporting one's weight.

Which machine are you running?

I used to have an I-magic, which is basically an old Flow, with the USB upgrade kit. The problem is that the brake on this unit could not handle more than about a 5% climb - anything excess of that and it maxed out, so the people on the newer units are hugely disadvantaged. Tacx claim that they rectify it with an algorithm which limits speed on these types of climbs to compensate, but I don't buy it.

Also, and I reckon this applies to all virtual racing apps, its simple to electronically dope, by under reporting one's weight.

Thanks Harry, I've got the same set-up as you. I lowered the threshold power, but let's try weight now - i got ahem one or two kgs i can reduce it by and still appear to be a full-grown adult.

If I remember correctly you can adjust the average speed of every virtual rider when you select your opponents.