Bluetooth sport earphone/ buds

Da Vinci

Hi there Guys, 

I recently bought the Body Glove BSport bluetooth earphones.

they are cool and work well, but unfortunately not so well for cycling.

I want to keep my phone in either a backpack or my cycling jersey back pocket, the problem is that the bluetooth connection becomes choppy because the signal doesn't do well traveling though the body (because of water content) so when cruising with my body/head more upright it is fine, but if i turn my head or start putting down some vavavoom (not that i have much) and my head drops like Froome the signal chops. When i need my beats the most it lets me down.

and it is DAMN frustrating.

From my research i believe that this problem will persist across all brands, so be aware of the limitation.

Specifically wrt the BSport plus earphones, 2 things irritated me.

the earpieces are unnessessary (and a hindrance if wearing glasses), also the length of the cable connecting the 2 earphones is not long enough to wear comfortably under a helmet and look freely left and right.   

The Plantronics BackBeat FIT Wireless Bluetooth Headset are sweatproof, but at R1300 are a bit over your budget.

http://www.takealot.com/plantronics-backbeat-fit-wireless-bluetooth-headset-blue/PLID34167802

http://media4.takealot.com/covers/35258677/blue_1-zoom.jpg?1422003337

If anyone is looking for these, Superbalist have them for R695. 

I ordered last night, got them this morning, free shipping.

Also, sign up to their email and get R100 off.

So ended up costing me R595.

• 11 months later...

R650 Sportsmanswarehouse. Body Glove. Two way speaker/mic system. Volume control on earpiece. Great sound.

Can i ask how these are still going a year down the line? Looking at getting a pair for those long winter training sessions coming up.

• 3 weeks later...

Stupid question - Running with these, means you still have to have your phone / some bluetooth connected device with you. With the size of smartphones nowadays makes running with them impractical. 

Does some of these have internal storage capability for music? Or what wireless headset does?

Archived