Stole my flash. 70k for new bike. Opinions please

RyanD

Rode Karkloof on Sunday. Washed the bike and left it leaning on the wall of my house to dry. When I went back to put it away it was no longer there.

I had a cannondale flash 29 hardtail. I have R70K to spend on a replacement. I ride xc and marathon events. Stage races as well. Karkloof is my most favorite place to ride. I loved the sharp handling of the flash. Loved the 90mm lefty, loved going uphill on the hardtail.

I am 81kg and competitive. I am probably a B batch rider in a big event. Best result is A batch finish in the Sani race so I train hard and race hard.

I think I must take this chance to move to a dual suspension bike, the new Cannondales are overpriced, yeti is also overpriced, I don't aspire to ride a giant. Specialized is also not for me. What do you think of the Pyga stage?

I have an option on one with full xt 1x 11 and xt brakes. AC wide lightning wheels, Roc shocks WC SID carbon forks.

Any other ideas, it also must have two bottle cages in the main frame.

Thank you

Ryan.

PS. Happen to have a cracking Scalpel for sale over here! https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/196439-dual-suspension-bikes/ 

Hi Guys

Thanks for the feedback, I will work through the links and mull it over, You made my heart skip a beat with the link to the taxi thread but its not my bike!

My first pick is the new Scalpel but I have to wait until mid September for stock. The Pyga is also an undeniably good bike.

I like the old scalpels but the single bottle cage in the frame is a deal breaker for me.

Thanks again

Pyga has a shop at Yard 41 on the Karkloof Rd.

Have a chat to the guys and im sure they would let you test one on your favorite trails.

Best to test a bike over the terrain you normally ride.

Archived