Garlicki and Thies secure national DHI titles

News bot

Capetonian Stefan Garlicki (Investec) and Martitzburger Sabine Thies (Greg Minnaar Cycles/Pizzology/Foxhead South Africa) descended the mountain slopes of Cascades MTB Park in the quickest overall times in the Men and Women’s categories to claim the National Titles at the STIHL 2016 South African National Mountain bike Downhill Championships in Pietermaritzburg on Sunday 17 July. For Garlicki (26), it was his second consecutive National Title and for Thies (13), her second National Title for the weekend after she won her Cross-country race the day before.

Click here to view the article

Great to have news like this on the site! 

Good job to all the riders! I think that track made everyone concentrate hard on sticking to their lines and tested every single rider who participated.

Gutted to have missed it, but got to enjoy the great vibe in and around the main spectators point which was pretty full.

Thanks to all that put these events together.

The SA DH community is a brilliant bunch of people.

Congrats to all who took part and obviously to all the winners on the day.

Was a great event - that is a proper testing track. WOW.

Was fun to sit on the side and shout at the riders.

Well done to Nick Floros and Tim Bentley and the rest of the KZN DH community who helped set the track up.

post-16861-0-30619000-1468836031_thumb.jpg

Good job to all involved. I can only imagine how tired the little nippers were after almost 10 minutes of ploughing down scenes like the above.