Paarl Rotary Backsberg mtb

Sparki 1

Any1 else also not have their results displayed on racetec? I did the 40km but result is not reflected.

I had the same issue, didn't hear my tag beep when I crossed the line. If you rode with a Garmin or similar send them your gps file and they will update the results. If not there was a racetec person taking photos at the finish, think they will use the timestamp to get the times, best to contact them.  

i did the 40 and my result is up however i also noticed there was no beep as i went over the first mat but think it may have on the second. For interest sake, MUST it beep to indicate it recorded you?

They normally do beep. I'm not sure if it is always the case, but one would assume they would have the beep to indicate to the staff and riders that everything is working as it should.

On another note the route marking on the 40km was terrible this year, some incorrect markings took many riders completely off course. The organisers will need to step up next year to keep this event going.

Yes, route marking was not the best however they did make an announcement before the lucky draw apologizing about it. It seems as though it has become a game for people to remove route markings overnight/early morning.

Agree, the 40km route markings was terrible. took the wrong turn 5 times. luckily didn't ride too deep into wrong turn-off.

Sent Racetec an e-mail this morning already querying my result. yet to get a reply tho'

Yes, route marking was not the best however they did make an announcement before the lucky draw apologizing about it. It seems as though it has become a game for people to remove route markings overnight/early morning.

this old excuse is being over used. the markings were not removed, it was just placed after junctions instead of before.

Some tough climbs but pretty crappy event. How on Earth was this voted one of the best rides of the year? Markings need to be sorted as I took quite a few wrong turns

Had the same issue, emailed racetec and sent screenshot of my garmin, and they sorted it out:

I trust my email finds you well!

We picked up an error at the finish for the 30km, few chip reads. Thank you for your information.

I have loaded your results to the webpage. They will reflect online shortly.

Regards

Alvin Fredericks

Race Office Assistant

RaceTec Event Technology

RSA Tel: 087 820 7223

International Tel: +27 21 681 4361

Fax: +27 86 595 2450

Also queried why so few results are showing up, and they then said they picked up an error at the finish mats - you would have thought they would hear the mats not beeping? 

This event is usually quite good - I usually do the Backsberg and women's events.  The markings were a bit sloppy this time round, and one of the marshalls about 5km from the finish just before a small timber bridge crossing was actually taking a nap in the shade!  I think the organisers may have become complacent...

Some tough climbs but pretty crappy event. How on Earth was this voted one of the best rides of the year? Markings need to be sorted as I took quite a few wrong turns

When last were the votes?

Edit: Maybe the info is a bit outdated?

This was my first Backsberg and I already dislike it :thumbdown: . The wine tasting at the end did however go down sweetly and maybe just maybe made up for all the short comings :thumbup: 

Archived