Any tips on washing a bike with only a bucket, ie no hosepipe?

Skylark

No issues with prepsol damaging chains, bearings etc? I ask because I used prepsol to clean my MX bike "back in the day" and found that chains would seize quicker and if I wasn't careful where I washed with prepsol,the suspension linkage bearings would seize too. I still have a 20L drum in garage so if it's all good... :thumbup:

No issues with prepsol damaging chains, bearings etc? I ask because I used prepsol to clean my MX bike "back in the day" and found that chains would seize quicker and if I wasn't careful where I washed with prepsol,the suspension linkage bearings would seize too. I still have a 20L drum in garage so if it's all good... [emoji106]

Never had any issues with Prepsol and I use it to clean anything and everything. I spray it over most of the bike and then start washing with a brush.

Chain I take off and clean in 2 yogurt containers with paraffin, one with dirty paraffin/one with clean, reuse next time I clean the chain. Lube after refitting.

Archived