Aluminium Build Project

Keegz92

Hi Guys,

Need some advice, please. I would like to build a bike and I am looking at a light aluminium frame. So I have two questions:

1) Which frame should I go for (R4000 to R10 000 spend)?

2) Read reviews about the CAAD 12 being an awesome frame, anyone got some real rider feed back?

Any and all advice would be appreciate. I have already gotten the carbon vs aluminium speech so you'll can give that one a skip. Its a passion project.

Hi Keegz92, I ride a CAAD 12 and I can tell you I really, really like it. Can fit 28c tyres, so any harsh riding can me muted easily and I like the internal cabling vs the EVO. Same geometry as EVO and a treat on the hills. Can't go wrong with it. 

Why not just by a CAAD 12 complete? 

What I got from my LBS (which is in another country) is that they only sell the 105 with disk brakes. Not really keen on disc as I live in the middle of nowhere.  Plus if you need to make adjustments to your set up you get charged for that. So just get the set up right by buying the parts and building.

Hi Keegz92, I ride a CAAD 12 and I can tell you I really, really like it. Can fit 28c tyres, so any harsh riding can me muted easily and I like the internal cabling vs the EVO. Same geometry as EVO and a treat on the hills. Can't go wrong with it. 

Cool, thanks for the insight BernardG.