Gauteng Nissan Trailseeker #1

corriekuilder

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also doing the 70 - lets hope it won't rain.. but a muddy one, most definitely  :-D

Good luck to all.

Again, reporting from Suburban Pretoria East, just a mid-afternoon shower that lasted probably 30mins, but other than that there hasn't been any rain (yet) this evening. Good luck to everyone riding.

Had a awesome day out,started A batch marathon,finished with a 3:01:00, glad they changed the route,got a bit irritated with the graspolle,but hey,thats mountainbiking. Well done advendurance, had a good day.

Never collected my starting group/distance stickers and had to have board scanned as well. That's fine but missed my starting group by 2 minutes because it took 1hr15 min to do this. Everyone just pushed in with no order or splitting of the distances . Fun race & kids race ,half & full marathon all mixed.

Very frustrating . Then all I did was play catch up,I thought over an hour was more than enough time. Parking was easy ,Marshalling was good as was route directions. But they need to address the registration process . And they only have one day to collect numbers as well.

Otherwise race was ok,route not bad. But the grass areas were bloody horrible. And it's wasn't muddy. Had an otb on one of the downhills after getting caught out on one of the humps that had a big hole immediately after it covered in mud.... tuck & roll ????????????

At least it wasn't muddy????

post-51529-0-80253000-1488643742_thumb.jpg

post-51529-0-31446200-1488643753_thumb.jpg

post-51529-0-76211600-1488643762_thumb.jpg

Was a fun ride on my cox bike. Downhill was fun passing the speznaz guys

Hogwash. Nobody passed me downhill.

I think it was a good event. Funny how many people upfront try and find an excuse for not riding, literally asking for the weather forecast days in advance.  :rolleyes:  PS - the weather was awesome - period!

The marathon had a bit of mud - I landed in that ditch just before the finish - but that is MTBing. The rocky descents were awesome. Yes, the grass is ****, but at least they made a route.

The registration queues were bad (I pre-registered...). The finish was nice, with plenty of stalls, etc.. Will do again.

PS - the weather was awesome - period!

The marathon had a bit of mud - I landed in that ditch just before the finish.

lmfao me to,tried to ride through the middle. Never new the ground would just disappear beneath me ????????????????...a guy did the same just before I got there as well. ????

Brilliant weather ????

I'm not sure what happened but the venue's GPS co-ords took me about 50km away from the place and so missed my marathon start. Managed to get there eventually and got a very late start in the half marathon. Was still fun but I was a bit annoyed about that.

I think it was a good event. Funny how many people upfront try and find an excuse for not riding, literally asking for the weather forecast days in advance. :rolleyes: PS - the weather was awesome - period!

The marathon had a bit of mud - I landed in that ditch just before the finish - but that is MTBing. The rocky descents were awesome. Yes, the grass is ****, but at least they made a route.

The registration queues were bad (I pre-registered...). The finish was nice, with plenty of stalls, etc.. Will do again.

Ahaha epic race! Did the marathon, and also proceeded to go for a mud bath on the last puddle! Got alot of attention at the end. Too funny. See yo at the next one

I think it was a good event. Funny how many people upfront try and find an excuse for not riding, literally asking for the weather forecast days in advance.  :rolleyes:  PS - the weather was awesome - period!

The same happen with me. Come around the corner with speed. See the water and decided to go through t the middel. Next moment lying in the mud. Seems about 10 or more people joined me.

Archived