Majik Forest

BMCfan

Ek dink Johan mis so erg vir Fire(ja ons hubber!) dat hy sommer aan die lektriek raakLOL

Hy kan bly wees ek was nie naby met die kamera nie!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely was a great ride! We've got to try and make it a regular one.

One thing though, can everyone send me their "hub name" together with their real names. At the moment I know the faces and name but can't put them together. I'll publish a list as soon as I've got most of the names.

Enjoy Jonkershoek!

GT Zaskar Pro = Jacques Cilliers

Definitely was a great ride! We've got to try and make it a regular one.

One thing though' date=' can everyone send me their "hub name" together with their real names. At the moment I know the faces and name but can't put them together. I'll publish a list as soon as I've got most of the names.

Enjoy Jonkershoek!

GT Zaskar Pro = Jacques Cilliers

[/quote']

Dont know if everyone will send you their real names though,

I guess Johan Brits' real name is something like Gideon van Zyl Wink

Was a great ride and lekker to meet all of you. Wonder how it went down in Jonkers this morning

Jonkers was freaking damn cold at 08:30. But with the rain we had the soil is perfect for blasting through the single track. Guys are cutting down in Middle Canary so the exit at the top was closed, but nothing a bit of bike-hiking couldn't solve.

It was a blast. Next time we all go. We might be there on Thu for a night ride, will check the weather and post an event.

Being local, we know better than to set off at 08:30 in Jonkershoek in winter! Smile

We did a 40km loop from home through Jonkers (also ended up doing a short hike-a-bike due to the unexpected harvesting over middle Canary.

Then went up upper Canary. Some people seem to think this is a one way down?? Confused

I tested this trail with Meurant and he designed it specifically to be ridden both ways! The trail has no blind corners and it is easy to give way.

I have been cycling in Jonkershoek for more than 10 years and never has any of the single track been one way AFAIK. Riders going down have speed and maneuverability on their side and thus when I started riding a MTB 10+years ago, the rider going up had right of way, if it was not possible to pass without stopping, but of course both riders should make it as easy as possible for the other to pass.

Anyway, then over to and down Never-ending-story (that is what us locals call it) and back via middle and lower Canary and back home again taking in some single track along the 1ste rivier.

mountain_lion2008-05-25 11:06:58

Yip, saw you and Mrs Mountain Lion on your way to Jonkers when we left.

Funny thing is, some people think it's a one way going up, others one way going down!

Like you say, there are no blind corners and surely we can all give way and be polite about it! Obviously not.

Meurant does a stellar job, I love the Canary loop. Couple of laps (consisiting of going up and down three/four times) makes for a killer ride.

Confirmed: Night RIde tonight at Jonkershoek. We're meeting each other at the gate at 6pm. One or two okes have to leave earlier as they stay quite far, so the aim is to get away as close to 6pm as possible. Final route will be decided tonight by all parties involved. Usually head up to the single track and then make our way down.

Not everybody is equally good when it comes to technical single track at night so we'll avoid the bottom seriously rocky bits.

If for some or other reason you get lost or run late you can contact me on 084 621 3067...my name is The Crow.

Ha, and everybody thought it was just a nickname!