What's it worth :: Cane Creek DB CS?

T-Bob

Hey brains trust... 

just wondering what price range a second hand Cane Creek DB CS goes for here. It's a 2016 with the Climb Switch and has been serviced but not fitted since then. it's a 200x57 in VGC. 

http://static.jensonusa.com/images/Default-Image/MobileImage/4/RS233B00.jpg

From what we have seen with reliability....About R50 :cursing:

There is some truth to that!

They have had lots of issues with the cc db,hence the very low cost to do upgrade on the shock. It's seems a hit & miss and how lucky you are. But google the forums and see the issues ppl have had. And generally doesn't seem to last longer than a year before a complete rebuild. Read the forums and get an idea.

They have made major changes to the new shock,due to problems they picked up .

Having said that, when it's working it's apparently brilliant .

problems were mostly confined to the ccdb inline afaik. Tolerance issues in their production line were a problem, so they changed their processes. All is (now) fixed.

Bears mentioning that it's only the air shocks that were affected, and then only until they performed the abovementioned change. 

I recently backed out of a deal on a brand new bike because it had the db inline ( not the cs) I did some research and it put me of completely. Even with the upgrade there were still copious amounts of failures and or problems.

Not sure about the cs but I do think I remember seeing similar issues but not really sure as I was only investigating the inline.

But as mentioned above do some research into the reliability and the said issues.

Check these out :https://www.canecreek.com/culture/blog-news/performance-reliability-redefined-db-air-il

If that's not cc admitting a problem then I don't know.

http://forums.mtbr.com/ibis/cane-creeks-new-db-air-%5Bil%5D-shock-1031994.html

The below pic is one of the problems and wasn't addressed in the upgrade only the new version.

post-51529-0-86070000-1494668861_thumb.png

Edited by Pikey

Brains trust to the rescue! Thanks so much. I had read a fair bit but was still none the wiser as to if they'd sorted the issues with the rebuilds. CC have acknowledged that they had a massive QC issue but apparently all fixed. Hummmm.

Shame, I've since found out it's not going to fit so bitter sweet as it was going for £100 and would have been worth a punt.

Brains trust to the rescue! Thanks so much. I had read a fair bit but was still none the wiser as to if they'd sorted the issues with the rebuilds. CC have acknowledged that they had a massive QC issue but apparently all fixed. Hummmm.

Shame, I've since found out it's not going to fit so bitter sweet as it was going for £100 and would have been worth a punt.

would of definitely been worth a shot at £100 ????