Sunday June 18th - Stellenbosch Ride?

SeanGrey

Hey everyone, 

I will be in Stellenbosch on Sunday morning for a few hours from 8:30am or so till around 12. I'm helping my GF truck to a horse show. Thinking about taking the MTB with and heading for a 2:30 - 3h ride. I stay in the Southern Suburbs and have only ridden that side last year during the FEDHEALTH mtb challenge 78km (Durbanville) and the Rectron Mtb 40 ish km near Franschhoek. Any ideas on where to ride? Will be by myself unless I join a group. Read Jonkershoek is great but not too sure about time and solo..

I've been riding for around 2 years. Ride a Giant Trance. Kirstenbosch trails (25km/850elevation) takes me around 1h45. So decent fitness but not an xc racer. Ridden Tokai trails (DH123) so can manage some technical terrain just drops and jumps need work and if solo probably not a great idea. 

Cheers 

Boschendal

Would do but just around 25 min drive from where i'm at will take a bit too long. thanks for the reply! Going to do that route soon enjoyed it when i did rectron! 

Jonkershoek for the win! If you're in Stellies doesn't make sense to go anywhere else! Come on Stellies chaps, help Sean find out why it's called neverendingstory....  :thumbup:

Jonkershoek for the win! If you're in Stellies doesn't make sense to go anywhere else! Come on Stellies chaps, help Sean find out why it's called neverendingstory....  :thumbup:

Going to check out the maps & trailforks, heard only good things !