Roval road wheels Qr to 12mm conversion

Creme' Boulle'

Looking for help please. Need a.set of roval wheels converted from Qr to 12mm through axle, they are disc brake wheels, specialized can't help. If anyone can help please call me for more details . Thank you 0824961580.

Hi Creme "Boulle",

It depends on the model year of your wheelset and if it has the updated Aero hub.

Unfortunately there are no 12mm front end caps available for Roval disc road wheels before/pre 2016 as the hub dimensions are too small to accommodate an end cap for 12mm thru axel. 

The Aero hub (on the 2016 CLX40 and CL40 disc wheelset) has end caps available as the dimensions of the hub allow it to be convereted to 12mm through axel.

Please feel free to PM me if you need more assistance or a possible solution.

Thanks

Gareth

Edited by Specialized Bicycles

Hi Creme "Boulle",

It depends on the model year of your wheelset and if it has the updated Aero hub.

Unfortunately there are no 12mm front end caps available for Roval disc road wheels before/pre 2016 as the hub dimensions are too small to accommodate an end cap for 12mm thru axel.

The Aero hub (on the 2016 CLX40 and CL40 disc wheelset) has end caps available as the dimensions of the hub allow it to be convereted to 12mm through axel.

Please feel free to PM me if you need more assistance or a possible solution.

Thanks

Gareth

Hey Gareth, I took them to specialized Melrose arch and they couldn't help, apparently they are 2016. They come off a roubeix, I was hoping someone clever could Machine something for me.

Hey Gareth, I took them to specialized Melrose arch and they couldn't help, apparently they are 2016. They come off a roubeix, I was hoping someone clever could Machine something for me.

If you were here in Cape Town I'd make a set for you. Made a pair for my Hope Pro 2 hubs this past weekend. If you could get all the critical dimensions etc. I might be able to help you out, super difficult without the hub in my hands though

If you were here in Cape Town I'd make a set for you. Made a pair for my Hope Pro 2 hubs this past weekend. If you could get all the critical dimensions etc. I might be able to help you out, super difficult without the hub in my hands though

The wheels are useless to me at the moment so I'm willing to send them to you if you can help, if not then at least I tried. Can you pm me your address.

Could you also send me your e mail address and I'll send the response from spec so you can see what they are.

• 2 years later...

Hey, I have a set of roval cl50 that came on my tarmac pro.

I got a qr kit from specialized, but I am having a problem with the rear wheel, the end cap goes into the cassette/hub too much, so there is not enough space for the cassette/chain to clear the chain stay. it looks like I need a spacer.

I can’t find details anywhere, the cassette and hub fell off earlier, and I may have put it back wrong. Any help is appreciated, I have a race Sunday and really need these wheels- thanks.