Smaller Bearings

Demetri

Good day. Im busy overhauling my rear wheel. I just got new cone nuts and see they slightly longer (different size but still same in diameter). Im also putting in new ball bearings. My question now is: Is there any reason why i cant use different cone nuts and slightly smaller bearings? Attach is the images. In the bearing cup there was 9 1/4" bearing per side. I test the smaller bearings and see it takes 10 of the smaller ones per side. Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

post-116143-0-36122500-1508837202_thumb.jpg

post-116143-0-65922600-1508837249_thumb.jpg

Good day. Im busy overhauling my rear wheel. I just got new cone nuts and see they slightly longer (different size but still same in diameter). Im also putting in new ball bearings. My question now is: Is there any reason why i cant use different cone nuts and slightly smaller bearings? Attach is the images. In the bearing cup there was 9 1/4" bearing per side. I test the smaller bearings and see it takes 10 of the smaller ones per side. Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Just from the width it looks like it would not fit. Unless you going boost? 

If they were the same width I dont think the balls sizes would matter.

Just from the width it looks like it would not fit. Unless you going boost? 

If they were the same width I dont think the balls sizes would matter.

No i will not be going boost and actually I had the same thought.. Thanks

Stick to the 1/4 inch balls. Keep the OLD the same by changing the spacers between the cone and lock nut.  If you change ball sizes they will not run smoothly in the cups.

Stick to the 1/4 inch balls. Keep the OLD the same by changing the spacers between the cone and lock nut.  If you change ball sizes they will not run smoothly in the cups.

Another question. Can i use normal WB Castrol grease or should i get Marine grease? I heard and read Everon grease is good.  

Archived