Dyna plugs

Ozzie NL

Looks much easier than normal plugs (which do not work for road tires anyway) and getting rave reviews overseas

Anyone used these for plugging tubeless road and dirt tires and if so what is the experience

Dynaplug works great, it’s just expensive.

probably the best plugging tool for a road bike tyre though or Stans Dart (also expensive)

I'm a great fan of the product for road and gravel.
Been using them for a while (my wife and I) and now my mates are catching on too.
Small/compact tool in your pocket or toolbag. Quick and easy to deploy. Effective in most punctures that we have had.

Its hard to compare how well they work to other products as each puncture scenario is different.

But ja, they're expensive.

I’ve modified a plugger to work better for road but dynaplug has a plug for each scenario. The only las is that metal tip that eventually falls off and rattles about in the tyre

For road you need to get the plugs with the pointy tip. The round tip (even the small one) is often hard to get into a small hole. 

Works great, but as stated they’re a bit pricy. But I have also found Dynaplug on Takealot. So ebucks for the win! I have found the stans dart to absolutely not work on road tyres, leaving me stranded, but perhaps it was just a weird hole. 

On 5/10/2024 at 4:15 PM, DieselnDust said:

Dynaplug works great, it’s just expensive.

probably the best plugging tool for a road bike tyre though or Stans Dart (also expensive)

Stans dart does not work in road tyres, the little plastic dart goes through the tyre but the rubber bit stays behind, making the "seal" about as useful as an indicator on a BMW