Helmet Choice

FirstV8

I stopped cycling a year after helmets became compulsory and the selection and style of helmet was not big in SA . i bought a Romer and still use it today as its well molded to my pip . It is made of poly polypropylene and has good padding and strong straps . I have had a few falls with it and  not once has it come off or left me with a sore head because of the impact . My question is do i stay wit this old school style or should go for something more modern looking and will it be any better than what i have . 

Cant load pic .

https://www.google.co.za/search?q=Romer+Cycle+helmet&dcr=0&tbm=isch&source=iu&pf=m&ictx=1&fir=M-OCVoGChKW1kM%253A%252CJyhsXU0WvAS7ZM%252C_&usg=__QGSQ9rTAjfceoH3-djeuiM3Mp4c%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjKgIP9zMXXAhXIpaQKHfFRDD8Q9QEINzAA#imgrc=M-OCVoGChKW1kM:

Too many and too easily people say replace, but you should have replaced it after the first fall. Yes your head does not hurt because the helmet did what its supposed to do. Best is go to your LBS and fit a few. Look first for best fit and thereafter budget, colour etc. And don't worry about how you look in the lid - everyone looks k@k in an open face.

Archived