[Event] Kingdom Enduro

Events Bot

Event Name: Kingdom Enduro
When: 23 March 2018 - 25 March 2018
Where: Roma Trading Post Lodge, Lesotho, International
Category: Enduro

The Lesotho boys are at it again. Darol Howes and Christian Schmidt, the founders Lesotho Sky, have teamed up with enduro fanatic Rene Damseaux to develop a world renowned enduro event in Lesotho.

Since the start Lesotho Sky mountain bike stage race in 2011, the international mountain biking community has been exposed to some the world’s most insane mountain biking trails. And if this is anything to go by, the planned enduro event will be out of this world. Mountain biking in Lesotho is known to bring people back to the first reasons why they started riding. The trails are made by Mother Nature and in some cases she was in a foul mood, but mostly she was just showing off. Countless paths carved by daily life in Lesotho have created a sheer endless network of trails. On any given ride you’ve got lines a plenty, which means that during race time, there is no bottlenecking over little wooden bridges or manicured single tracks and the only chicken run you’ll come across, is an actual running chicken.

On this well established old school MTB culture, The Kingdom Enduro is bound to become the most badass enduro event of the calendar year.

Dates: March 23rd - 25th 2018

ROUTES

The exact routes and race area will be announced closer to the race. Route director Réné Damseaux & his trail building team have prepared some amazing routes over the past months. All stages are raced blind with no pre-walk or ride! There will be 3 to 5 stages per day, ranging from 3 - 16min. Riders are welcome to arrive early and play in the famous #romarena. Lesotho’s terrain is rocky, steep, loose and very technical in places. To master the trails riders require good fitness and solid technical skills.

RIDING

• 3 days of enduro racing on Lesotho’s best trails
  • Professional Timing & Course Marking
  • Professional Medical Support
  • Water Points & Feed Stations every day

HOSPITALITY

• All inclusive 3 day Lesotho experience
  • Shuttles to & from the airport to race venue
  • Accommodation during event (23rd - 25th March)
  • Breakfast, Lunch & dinner during the event (breakfast 23rd until dinner 25th)

BASE CAMP

The base camp of Kingdom Enduro is Roma Trading Post Lodge, located in a beautiful sandstone valley and looking at 3000m peaks close by. A combination of beds for early bookers (first paid, first serve) and tented accommodation will be available.

https://www.tradingpostlodge.com/

REGISTRATION

Costs: ZAR 7000 per person

• Limited to 100 riders
  • 40 beds in the lodge will be allocated according to first-enter first-paid basis
  • Travel Insurance is a must for all participants (international and local)
  • Registration is transferable, but not refundable
  • Full payment is due 48hrs after registration

For more information and entries:

https://kingdomenduro.com

Go to Event Page

Kingdom Enduro -0026.jpg

Kingdom Enduro -6061.jpg

Kingdom Enduro -6101.jpg

Kingdom Enduro -6132.jpg

Kingdom Enduro -6151.jpg

Kingdom Enduro -6197.jpg

Kingdom Enduro -6226.jpg

Kingdom Enduro -6231.jpg

Kingdom Enduro -6268.jpg

Kingdom Enduro -6325.jpg

Kingdom Enduro -6378.jpg

Kingdom Enduro -9283.jpg

Kingdom Enduro -9303.jpg

Kingdom Enduro -9340.jpg

Kingdom Enduro -9346.jpg

Kingdom Enduro -0016.jpg

Kingdom Enduro -0004.jpg

This looks badass! Will be very keen to see how this event grows in the years to come. With the same guys behind Lesotho Sky, it's bound to become legendary.