Cycling Club Jhb North Close to Weltevredenpark (MTB)

johanpre44

Hi Hubbers,

This being a new year I decided it's maybe time to get some more cycling done compared to what I usually do. I live in Weltevredenpark and usually take the MTB out towards Ruimsig/Cradle or over Northcliff for the spruit. It will be great cycling with others for a change (since I mostly cycle on my own).

I prefer to ride from home mainly to save time (more riding less traveling), but will probably try and go to a venue of sorts every 4 to 6 weeks (like Northern Farms, Van Gaalens etc.). In summer early morning rides are great but in winter I like to do afternoon rides because of the better temperature.

Any good clubs or group ride suggestions welcome.

Hey Johan...

The Cradle is Awesome, they have cut some more single track.

Would love to ride with you in the mornings, but i stay in Broadacres.

Cheers

Adam

Hey Johan...

The Cradle is Awesome, they have cut some more single track.

Would love to ride with you in the mornings, but i stay in Broadacres.

Cheers

Adam

You struggled a bit the last time we did the cradle Adam, I will give the new piece of the trail a try some time. How is your cycling coming along?

Hi Johan

I did a first ride with the guys and gals from JMBC(.org.za) this weekend at NFarm. Good group that have a varied routes every weekend.

Check out their site for ride details. Perfect way to get to unseen trails with people that know how to get around.

Hi Johan,

You are more than welcome to join myself and a few other that also live in and around Welties.

We mostly ride from my fathers place behind Palm Court Shopping centre and head out towards ruimsig, northcliff, honeydew ect.

We have been riding in the ruimsig area for a few year and know almost all the routes out there as well as a nice loop that goes out towards Tarlton. when we can/feel like it we will go on weekends out to a park somewhere in JHB.

Most week rides are tuesday, wednesday and friday afternoons.

If you keen to chat let me know.

Darren - 0823211261

Hi Johan,

You are more than welcome to join myself and a few other that also live in and around Welties.

We mostly ride from my fathers place behind Palm Court Shopping centre and head out towards ruimsig, northcliff, honeydew ect.

We have been riding in the ruimsig area for a few year and know almost all the routes out there as well as a nice loop that goes out towards Tarlton. when we can/feel like it we will go on weekends out to a park somewhere in JHB.

Most week rides are tuesday, wednesday and friday afternoons.

If you keen to chat let me know.

Darren - 0823211261

Darren, think I will take you up on the offer. Palm Court shopping center is about 2 km from my place.

You struggled a bit the last time we did the cradle Adam, I will give the new piece of the trail a try some time. How is your cycling coming along?

Hey Johan, still not as fast as you, but progressing nicely :). I have ridding some of the new trails in the cradle , but got a message yesterday that we must 'please not ride on them until they are complete'