Buying a first mtb

keith

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

allow me to share a story with you guys:

i used to play in a band, guitar that is.  my first guitar was a cheap piece of crap and i hated it - but i learned how to play guitar with it... then, a few years yater (ok one year) i saved up enough GELD to buy a les paul custom - that's a really good guitar.  immediately i felt and appreciated the difference and suddenly became a more confident, more skilled guitarist.  if i had started on that guitar i would never have gained the skills i did from my first one... because although the more expensive one made it easier to play - i had the experience from the cheaper one? err... make sense? lol... nevermind.  sonded much better in my head LOL!

If you're looking for new, Silverback Phoenix R4399 or Mongoose Tyax Super Disc R4395. Was involved in entry-level MTB review for Bicycling's May/June issue. Was one of the testers. These two shone bright. 

Oliver that was a beautiful story:) But I get exactly what you trying to say. I also don't want to get something expensive to find that I'm a *** mountainbiker!

Sean do you think there is any chance I could find the Silverback Phoenix for R4000? I read the reviews and it did catch my eye!

there's no such thing as a *** mtb'r - just a mtb'r who needs to continue practising till he gets better :) (lame)

A bit lame but I get what you saying. A bit like Gary Player's: The more I practice the luckier I get.

just called the bridge boys... R3000 lol - special!!! they have L and M - but in cape town... (sorry man!!!!)

local bike shop - bridge cycles in diep river, cape town... got my silverback there, and my full body condom a.k.a cycling clothes, and all my stuff...

Keith, speak to Shaun at Shaun's Power Cycles. Tell him I sent you. I'm sure he'll make a price-point plan for you.