Frame protector

NatashaHorne

While browsing facebook this evening, I came across an ad from a local page. They are offering a high gloss ceramic coat for mtbs / road bikes. Is this something to consider to protect the paint work or let it be and think about having the frame resprayed in a couple of years time. I don't know what the costs are as yet, I have requested.. just wondering ????

post-122839-0-11713000-1525466534_thumb.png

Interesting.....

I know Cerakote, but like other true ceramics, it is baked onto a substrate.

http://www.cerakote.co.za/

Ceramics in pottery, and ceramic coating on high heat applications; also baked on.....

Ceramics on you bike over paint does not compute.... how do they apply true ceramics and not bake it onto the frame?

I thought it was interesting when I saw the post. I am waiting for them to send me more info and hopefully it will include how they apply the product. I know they mainly do cars and motorbikes.

This was the first time that I saw them advertise for bicycles as well

This is a car detailing trick and product that supposedly protects the paint from contamination for around a year with maintenance washes...

It's costs around 800 rand for a bottle and is a simple spray and wipe away application, so you might save money doing it yourself cause a bottle will do a good number of bikes... Meguiers will be your best bet and you'll find it at midas or even builders warehouse...