Dropper Post Not Locking

Hello Ruan

Hey guys!

Okay, so today was brand new bike day for me. After the unboxing and getting the wheels and bars up, I wanted to release the dropper post back up it came dropped out of the box, after pressing the lever and the dropper going up I found out that it didn't want to lock once fully released. I can push it down without pressing the lever and at first I thought the cable was too tight turned the dial and now the dropper won't even stay dropper it is pretty much just a loose dropper post not locking anywhere, I tried the cable dial but no luck?

Any suggestions?

Edited by Hello Ruan

Check if the cable has enough slack and make sure it isn't too tightly bent anywhere. Maybe remove the lever from the handlebar to give slack and test it. If it's running internally, give some slack in the last bend before the post (usually under the bottom bracket)

Sounds like you've pulled the post out without giving the cable any extra slack.

Release anything that's holding the cable in place, feed the cable into the frame until you can get the post all the way out (you may have to take the lever off the bar to do this), make sure the cable is properly seated in the stop under the post, and put everything back together being careful not to pull on the cable again.

Hmmm, I just pulled the post itself up and up until it would lock and it does now but is a little too high for me. Does this mean the might be too long for my height?

No, the cable is taught

Feed more of it in from where it enters the frame. It should release the mechanism of the post.

You need to possibly detach the lever from the bars too and feed the housing into the frame so it releases, for example if you have pulled the seatpost out 10cm but only fed the housing in by 9cm you are effectively doing the same as pushing on the lever