[Event] Amohela Classic Clarens MTB

TicketRush

Event Name: Amohela Classic Clarens MTB
When: 6 April 2019 - 7 April 2019
Where: Clarens Village, Freestate
Category: MTB

Experience the beauty of the foot hills of the mighty maluti & the village of Clarens

The Amohela Clarens MTB classic

Amohela the Sesotho word for welcome. Which is exactly what the mighty maluti is doing for you.

2 days - 3 race options

1) Thaba e kholo - big mountain challenge

2) Thaba e nyenyane - little mountain adventure

3) Single Day Entry to either the 70km or 50km route

A weekend of adventure of in one of South Africa's most beautiful towns nestled

In the foothills of the mighty maluti mountains.

About the Amohela Clarens MTB classic

The Amohela which translates from the Sesotho word welcome is exactly what we are doing for you in April. The race takes you along well established beautiful trails across private land and game farms surrounding the little village of Clarens in the eastern Freestate.

With 2 different race distances we are able to cater for all levels of riders so that everybody can come out and experience something special.

Go to Event Page

Well done and best wishes to the organisers. To initiate, organise and execute a large event, without a headline sponsors money, is a daunting task and is fraught with risk. Many event organisers have walked this razors edge financial path and many have cut themselves badly. I hope these guys make it.

Since Fritz Pienaar(Advendurance) diversified into the Warrior Series and also trail running, his company's focus on mtb seems to have waned, particularly since he became boss of ASG. We need brave new guys like the Amohela organisers to keep our sport varied and interesting.

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to this event!

Will be my first multi-day race and haven't ever ridden my MTB in Clarens. And what a challenge on Day 1 to ascend beyond 2000m above sea level.

All the best.

• 2 months later...

Broke my collarbone so I'm out. Partner also out

Two entries up for grabs...

Is this a sanctioned event ?

I have two daughters that ride UCI cat’s and don’t want to take a chance if it’s not .

Is this a sanctioned event ?

I have two daughters that ride UCI cat’s and don’t want to take a chance if it’s not .

Just found out it is not CSA sanctioned unfortunately.