10 and 11 Speed on Indoor

nellyr78

Hi Guys,

I spoilt myself pre christmas and got a Tacx flux s. But now my girlfriend also wants to jump on the indoor with her bike. The only problem is that she has a 10 speed and the indoor is fitted with 11 speed cassette for me.

Is there a work around or is it all mine?

Thanks

Edited by nellyr78

Hi Guys,

I spoilt myself pre christmas and got a Tacx flux s. But now my girlfriend also wants to jump on the indoor with her bike. The only problem is that she has a 10 speed and the indoor is fitted with 11 speed cassette for me.

Is there a work around or is it all mine?

Thanks

You'll have to upgrade her to 11 speed for Christmas  :thumbup:

Shifting will be crappy because of the difference in spacing and very noisy.

sitting with same problem, decided seeing as we both ride medium frames - N + 1 and bought the smart trainer it's own bike so we each have a trainer saddle and seat post and the rest is the same :D

sitting with same problem, decided seeing as we both ride medium frames - N + 1 and bought the smart trainer it's own bike so we each have a trainer saddle and seat post and the rest is the same :D

Aha thats a interesting take, if all else fails N + 1 always applies :)

Bought a Tacx Flux in March this year.

The below will be frowned upon by some.

I am still running 10 speed, my wife is running 11 speed. 

Popped an 11 speed cassette on the Tacx Flux and an 11 speed chain on my bike (as to not damage the 11 speed cassette with a thicker chain).

Both have been behaving quite well the past couple of months without any issues. 

Edited by the_other_guy