Western Cape road routes for an international cyclist

CJam

I'm unlikely to make those starting points as they are logistically challenging, but perhaps our paths will cross out on the road.

Enjoy your stay.

That's a shame. If it all goes to plan I should be cycling on Monday and Tuesday morning as well but I haven't picked the routes yet. DM if you'd like to try and ride together.

Another good option is to find your way along Tafelberg Road. Done with Signal Hill, The Glen (up from Camps Bay), you'll find a good few hills.

Weather can be a challenge at times, so bring appropriate stuff to keep warm and dry when it's none of that

Ah yes, I've driven on that road and it's really nice! I've added that route to my Garmin now, thanks! And yeah, I foolishly left home with just a jersey and bib shorts thinking it'd be very warm here but I've noticed the mornings can be pretty chilly. Might have to invest in some base layers.

I doubt whether the Cape's weather will be much of a challenge for an Irishman. :)

You're probably right...

That's a shame. If it all goes to plan I should be cycling on Monday and Tuesday morning as well but I haven't picked the routes yet. DM if you'd like to try and ride together.

Ah yes, I've driven on that road and it's really nice! I've added that route to my Garmin now, thanks! And yeah, I foolishly left home with just a jersey and bib shorts thinking it'd be very warm here but I've noticed the mornings can be pretty chilly. Might have to invest in some base layers.

When you get to the chains, ride around and keep going all across the front of Devil's Peak. When you get to the cul de sac, turn around and go back - you need a permit. And a mountain bike...